Talk with the Experts—A panel discussion dedicated to estate planning for collectors, artists and photographer estates.
Wednesday April 15, 2015, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
B&H Photo and Video
420 9th Avenue (at 34th Street), New York, NY
Topics to be addressed:
• Creating an inventory—What should be included?
• Choosing an executor, an attorney, and an accountant.
• What are your goals? Do you want to bequest the art to family and friends, avoid taxes, or set up a Trust?
• Can you afford a Life Insurance policy that will pay for storage costs after your death? Beyond the art itself, what do you keep?
• Who will control the copyright? Do you want to allow for reproductions or restrict use?
These questions and the issues you need to think about when planning your estate will be addressed in the course of this panel presentation. The goal of this presentation is to provide artists and collectors with the information they need to make informed decisions about next steps and where they can get help.
If you are a commercially successful artist with gallery representation, a fine art or freelance photographer, or an art collector who owns 10 pieces or hundreds of artworks, “a carefully planned estate can help insure that your work and ideas will continue to be presented as you wish.”
NYC PANELISTS—B&H Photo and Video, April 15, 2015, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Jennifer Stoots, AAA – Certified photography appraiser (moderator)
Christine Steiner – Special Counsel, SheppardMullin
Sean Corcoran — Curator of Prints and Photographs, Museum of the City of New York
For more information, feel free to contact Jennifer Stoots at 503.708.9411 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.